Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chrism Mass

Last night was awesome. I received the Holy Oils from the Bishop, and brought them in this morning. These Oils will be used throughout the year for anointing the sick, confirmation and baptism. It was really an honor to receive them for the parish.

There were a lot of people in the Cathedral. More then I had expected. The music was just as grand as it was during the Rite of Election also. Bishop Walter spoke about renewal. Funny. Renewal. The perfect definition of what I'm going through. I'm not a "born-again Christian", I had a spiritual awakening and I have been renewed into the person that has always been there. Like tearing off a layer.

As I sat there in my seat, I looked around and saw what I am now. More then a person who (Saturday night) will be a Catholic, but I am a reflection of Christ. I am to live as if He was here, or I am Him. He lives in me. This is more then an every Sunday event. This is a lifelong commitment. Didn't I have that before? Maybe, but I never released it. I never found the avenues to learn and express my religion.

This renewal has opened my eyes. Not to the literal things around me, but to the life after this one, and the keys to achieve it. The keys to eternal happiness. I've always known, but never acted. I figured once I proclaimed my faith in Christ, I was done. Boom, I'm in Heaven. But it's not that easy. Prayer....giving....repentance....obedience....all things that I needed to learn how to do. I've done all of those. And will continue to. But, the key is, having the discipline to do it, and be proud, but let the actions that you do, speak for you. Don't speak for your actions.

I've noticed significant changes in my life, not only spiritually, but how I perceive the world, current events, and even work. My trademark when dealing with a stubborn customer? Wham! Slams the phone. But, I've learned to keep it all cool...and I get results. God is patient with us. So we must be patient with each other.

In the next few writings, I will continue to dissect the words that I spoke of in my previous writings, but I will also go more in depth as to why I became Catholic. Let yourself be renewed. Tear off that layer and expose yourself to the new- or the old you, that has been hidden. Open yourself to Christ to work in you, and you will see the changes.

Take care,
Geddy

No comments:

Post a Comment