Thursday, April 25, 2013

Prayers

So, you and I have always heard of the saying "God answers all prayers" , right? Right. Well, my friends, Here is one thing I have learned. It has taken a while for me to understand what I've been saying, but here is my best attempt to describe it.

God answers all prayers. Sometimes immediately, sometimes, gradually. Sometimes yes, sometimes, no.

And I sit here tonight, thinking of all the prayers I've cast up. I have a typical prayer I recite before bed, then I make sure to include an Our Father...Hail Mary...etc.

But I want to share with you an experience I had today.

A particular person in my life had a job interview a few days ago. She came back and was really excited about how it went. I maintained the thought "If it's God's will..." But I also prayed on it, because the benefits are excellent and will solve many problems.

The next day....nothing.

The day after....nothing again.

Nothing as in, she didn't hear from the place she interviewed. So, as my typical Thursday dictates, I went to mass in the morning and spent a little extra time in prayer before mass, as well as after. On Thursdays, we do the novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and during it, I prayed for this woman and the job she is seeking.

This afternoon, I got a call.

"Geddy, I got the job!"

I was thrilled.

Prayers do go answered.

But in order to achieve the full power of prayer, you have to understand that God isn't a wishing well. He isn't a genie in a bottle We are at HIS will. So, you may pray to him, and he will answer. As much as we hope the answer is yes, sometimes, his answer is no as well.

Take care my friends.
Geddy

No comments:

Post a Comment